- 2 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 1 large sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, unpeeled, sliced (I microwaved my potato slices for a couple minutes to soften them to be sure they cooked all the way through)
- 2 squash (zucchini and/or yellow squash)
- 3 large Roma tomatoes (I only had large vine riped tomatoes so you can see I had to adjust in my pic above)
- Sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Dried thyme, to taste
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
Slice the potatoes, zucchini, squash and tomatoes in 1/4 inch thick slices. Layer them alternately in the dish on top of the onions, fitting them tightly into a spiral, making only one layer. Season with sea salt, black pepper and dried thyme, to taste. Drizzle the last tablespoon of olive oil over the top.
Cover the dish with a oven safe lid or tin foil and bake for 35 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Uncover and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until browned.