Thursday, November 21, 2013

Mushroom Sage Lentils

Bowl of yum!

Before adding the lentils

Played around with some ingredients I had and it came out delicious!!  This dish is packed with many of the "power foods" you "should" be eating for health and preventing chronic disease such as cancer.  I'm posting quickly so I don't forget the "recipe" but I really should elaborate on that later.....
Since I don't measure when I cook, here's the general idea.

Ingredients
1 small yellow/sweet onion, diced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pint crimini or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
~2 cups chopped kale (or spinach)
1/2-1 cup tomato sauce (recommend Trader Joes or Muir Glen Organic for BPA free cans or jarred)
1/2-1 tsp turmeric
2 leaves sage, chopped (I wanted to say chiffonaded but that doesn't sound right...)
fresh ground sea salt to taste
~2 cups lentils, cooked (any kind, I used brown)

Saute onion and garlic in some extra virgin olive oil until golden and soft.  Add sliced mushrooms and kale and cook until vegetables are tender.  Add tomato sauce, turmeric, sage, salt and allow to simmer for a few minutes for the flavors to mix.  Add lentils and again simmer/heat to allow flavors to meld.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.