Monday, July 27, 2009

Pineapple Salsa


Pineapple Salsa
(picture shown is not of my actual salsa since it got eaten up before I decided to post this)

As you may remember I typically make up a recipe from my own head based on what I think will taste good. Therefore this recipe is for you to put ratios that will work best for you and your family, I'll try to approximate the amounts I used but do what tastes best to you! I served this on top of teriyaki glazed salmon.

  • Fresh pineapple cut into small chunks (1/4 of a whole pineapple)
  • Tomato cut into small chunks (1 - 1 1/2 tomatoes, I used garden fresh - yum!)
  • Red onion diced small (1/4 med onion)
  • Tomatillo diced small (2 small tomatillos)
  • Jicama shredded (~1/4 cup)
  • Cilantro chopped (handful?)
  • Juice squeezed from a lime (I had a super juicy & large lime so I only used 1/2 lime)
  • Sprinkle of salt (I prefer kosher salt or salt grinder)

Mix together & refrigerate for flavors to mix.

I didn't put jalapeno in my salsa because my mom hates anything spicy but I would definitely add it for those of you who are okay with jalapeno. I thought it was good without but think it would be great with it also! I also wanted to try avocado chunks in it but they did not have one single ripe avocado at the grocery store so maybe next round.

4 comments:

Patty Ann said...

this sounds good, my mango salsa is different. i'll send you my recipe.

Connie said...

I'm so glad you are back...and aren't leaving after all! I've missed your inspiring recipes, etc.
Can't wait to try this one. Good luck w/the job hunt!!!

Hilary said...

Can't wait to try this! I'll send you a strawberry salsa recipe that I tried awhile back. It was yum-o!

The Jessups said...

okay, can't wait to try this. although i love the flavor of pineapple, it's always been so hard for me to eat (i'm wierd with textures). BUT, I love pineapple salsa. Yum!