Monday, September 14, 2009

I was looking through my Mom's GoodHousekeeping because I always look through all the recipes when she gets them and I came across an article on things to do with applesauce. I thought this dressing sounded super clever with the applesauce!

Autumn Vinaigrette
1/3 cup applesauce
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp tarragon vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
salt/pepper as needed

Well I didn't have any tarragon vinegar lying around (does anyone???) so I decided to try it with red wine vinegar. I think I used the wrong kind of vinegar because that's really all it tasted like (and I'm a vinegar lover!) I also don't think it mixed wonderful w/ the more summery salad I was eating but I'm still intrigued by this idea and want to try it on a more appropriate autumn salad and possibly play around with the vinegar a little bit. Okay now the word vinegar looks weird because I've typed it so much...

1 comment:

Patty Ann said...

"the word vinegar looks weird" - hahaha!!