Sunday, October 4, 2009

Chicken Spaghetti

One of the meals I crave all the time is the chicken spaghetti from Orlando's. Since moving from Lubbock I had been on a mission to find or make a comparable recipe that could help me with my cravings. I'm surprised I've forgotten to share this recipe before but I made it last night for my sister and nephew so I was reminded to post it. I've played around with this and I'll admit this isn't Orlando's chicken spaghetti but it's the best recipe I've made so far. And I do like the fact that I actually know what goes into it so I'd actually bet that my chicken spaghetti has less calories and fat then the drooled about restaurant meal. Vegetarian feel free to omit the chicken and the recipe will still be just as delicious!

Chicken Spaghetti
2 chicken breasts, cut into bit size pieces
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 medium/large onion, diced
1 can Campbells Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
1 can Campbells Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
3/4 can Ro-tel (tomatoes and green chilies)
splash of tomato sauce
1/2 package of spaghetti noodles
shredded cheddar cheese

Cook spaghetti until al dente, pasta will continue to cook some in the oven and you don't want it too mushy. Meanwhile saute chicken, peppers, and onion until chicken is cooked throughout and vegetables are softened. Add soups, Ro-tel, and tomato sauce. I typically just adjust the Ro-tel and tomato sauce to preferred taste, and I always make sure to get out all of the green chiles from the Ro-tel. (When using Healthy Request you might need to add a touch of salt to the sauce.) Simmer until sauce is completely mixed and warm throughout. Mix sauce and spaghetti together in casserole dish. Or I find it easiest to mix together in the pot I cooked the noodles then transfer to a casserole dish. Sprinkle top with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.

No comments: