Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Thai Green Curry



I looked at a lots of recipes to find a good green curry recipe...some easy, some complicated...and here is what I ended up doing. I kinda made up my own thing based on what I wanted so obviously you can change it around. I bought green beans and basil but forgot to put them in so maybe in my next batch! I also was going to use green onion but they didn't have any at Target (weird). I thought it ended up pretty good but it wasn't as sweet and flavorful as the restaurant so I ended up sprinkling a tiny amount of sugar and stirred it in. I think it might have to do with the fact I used light coconut milk instead of the regular since the light has a lot of water in it. I also brought it leftover for lunch today and it was good but needed a touch of salt.

Thai Green Curry
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
juice of 1 lime
1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced into strips
1/4 small onion, thinly sliced
1/2 small can bamboo shoots, thinly sliced
2-3 tablespoons green curry paste
1 14oz can light coconut milk
1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. Pound chicken thin and cut into bite sized pieces. Cook in skillet with lime juice on medium heat until done.
2. Add bell pepper, onion, and bamboo shoots. Cook until soft (or desired consistency)
3. Add ~ 1 tablespoon green curry paste and stir to coat. Add coconut milk and mix thoroughly. Continue to add green curry paste until desired flavor/spiciness. Reduce heat to low-medium.
4. Mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with cold water. Add to skillet and stir. Continue cooking until sauce thickens. If needed, repeat cornstarch step again to thicken sauce.
5. Serve over rice

No comments: