Thursday, December 11, 2008

Carrot-Ginger Dressing

This is a recipe I tried to make the ginger dressing that comes on your salad when you eat at a sushi/Japanese restaurant. I love this dressing and when I found this recipe I had to try it out! I didn't take my own picture though...oops! I like the dressing but it was very carrot-y. I think if I made it again I'd adjust the carrot and ginger porportions slighty. It was good though, I'll make again.

Carrot-Ginger Dressing
From the November 2008 Self Issue
Makes 1/2 cup

INGREDIENTS
2 small carrots, peeled and chooped
1/2 medium shallot, chopped
1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon extra light olive oil

PREPARATION
Combine all ingredients except olive oil with 2 tbsp water in a food processor. With motor running, drizzle in olive oil until smooth. Refrigerate; stir once before serving.

The skinny:
43 calories per tbsp, 2.9 g fat (0.4 g saturated), 3.1 g carbs, 0.4 g fiber, 0.3 g protein

No comments: