Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fish in Papillote



I must admit I'm pretty happy with my meal planning this week, another good meal last night. I've been seeing in recipes and on the food network the idea for "Fish in Papillote" (or fish in parchment paper) so I finally decided to try it out. As with all my stuff use whatever combo of herbs, veggies, fish you'd like. Mine came out yummy but I'd love to try other combinations too.

Lemon Rosemary Fish in Papillote
-1 fillet tilapia per packet
-Rub with a light layer of olive oil on both sides of the fish
-Season with salt/pepper
-Place in a large piece of parchment paper
-Spread minced garlic on top of fish
-Place some sliced lemon and a spring of rosemary on both the top and underneath the fish
-Place some veggies on top and tuck some under the fish if you desire (I used sliced shallot, squash, artichoke quarters, and crimini mushrooms)

Close the parchment paper and roll the edges to create a tight seal to steam the fish in. Bake at 425 for 25min. Careful of steam when opening the packet.

No comments: