Monday, September 29, 2008

Mango-Jalapeno Sauce


This is a sauce I learned from Kim C. back when we used to cook meals together all the time. (In loving memory of Summer 2003!!) Whenever I make salmon this is always the sauce I use! And it's always a hit when I make it for others. I love it because it is made completely from fresh ingredients and it is super easy to make and impress. A few months ago I had some leftover sauce and had run out of fish. I made a small bowl of fresh blueberries and cut up strawberries and put some of the sauce on top...delicious! The fruity flavor with the spice was a nice taste combination. I tried freezing some extra sauce but it just didn't taste as fresh when I thawed it out so I recommend making it fresh when you want to use it.


Mango-Jalapeno Sauce

1 ripe mango, cut into chunks
1 jalapeno, diced
chopped cilantro

Blend in food processor. Best when refrigerated for a bit because the flavor of the jalapeno gets into all the mango. Of course feel free to adjust the ingredients to taste depending on level of spiciness you like or amount of sauce you want to make. I'm not a huge cilantro fan so often I leave the cilantro out and it tastes equally good.

No comments: