Saturday, September 27, 2008

Vegetable Confetti

Recipes don't need to be hard or complicated. This is something I made one day because I had a bunch of veggies I didn't want to go bad. What I absolutely love about it is that it can go on a salad, on top of salmon, as a side dish, or even a snack by itself. It actually becomes more flavorful as it sits so you can make a batch and keep it in the fridge to use whenever. You can use whatever vegetables you like (or have handy) and whatever dressing you choose. I put no measurements because everything is based on your taste and how much you want to make! The mix I made was a beautiful range of colors, which was another thing I like about this. *Remember...every different color fruit and vegetable has a different benefit! Here's to eating our rainbow every day!


Vegetable Confetti

-diced yellow squash
-diced green bell pepper
-diced tomatoes or halved grape tomatoes
-sliced green onion
-dressing of choice (I use the spray dressing in Caesar...yum!)
-salt/pepper (optional...remember don't use salt if there is plenty in your dressing!)

Mix together! It's as easy as that! Sorry I don't have a picture available at this time...I don't have any made right now.

No comments: