Monday, March 8, 2010

Balsamic Vinager

Two new uses for Balsamic vinegar that I've been doing lately -

*Current obsession for snack or side dish:
Fresh mozzarella + tomatoes + sprinkle with ground Kosher salt and Balsamic vinegar
Soooooo delicious, fresh, & light! I love using the ball shaped mozzarella w/ grape/cherry tomatoes. Or the kind of mozzarella you slice w/ some sliced vine-ripened or heirloom tomatoes are yummy too. Add some fresh basil if you want! Makes me crave some just thinking about it!!

*Liven up some strawberries
I read about this in a magazine (sorry I don't remember which one) but its a way to liven up those kinda iffy looking strawberries...you know the ones that are still edible but not too pretty anymore.
1. Slice strawberries & sprinkle w/ sugar (I use the Splenda sugar blend, I don't use just plain Splenda because the sugar pulls the water out of the strawberries making them moist and juicy). Refrigerate for 30mins
2. Sprinkle w/ ~1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar and refrigerate for another 30 mins
3. Eat plain, add to salads, be creative!
These end up being really good, it just kind of boldens the flavor a bit.

No comments: