Sunday, March 7, 2010

Yummy yogurt

I'm actually pretty excited - I have FINALLY found a way to eat yogurt that I love & think I'll stick with! It's not that I hate yogurt, I just don't really enjoy it (except my obsession w/ TCBY of course but that doesn't count). I've tried all sorts of brands (Rachel's was my favorite) and all sorts of flavors (lemon would be #1 of the "normal" flavors) ... BUT the thing is I'll buy some and try to eat it and I ALWAYS end up throwing most of it away. Or opening a little cup of it, eating 2 spoonfuls then either wasting the rest or shoving it down my throat. So occasionally I've bought yogurt for smoothies but I think you're getting the point. Well this past shopping trip I bought some Fage fat free Greek yogurt - plain which I've been wanting to try. Then I took 6-8 strawberries and pureed them (in my Magic Bullet). I mixed ~1/2 cup yogurt + my strawberry puree + a small dash of splenda - YUM!!! It was seriously like a desert. This will definitely be a new snack or treat if I'm craving something sweet. And I'm excited to try some other fruits too. You can always use honey in place of splenda too if you prefer. And if the fruit is sweet enough you might not need any additional sweetness.

6 comments:

The Jessups said...

oh yum! I will have to try it. I'm the same with yogurt. I don't despise it, but I definitely don't crave it.

Allison said...

Oh Yummy! I feel the same way about yogurt. I know I should eat it, but I don't enjoy it. I will totally try this. Thank ya!

Jacquelyn said...

I have a hard time with the texture of yogurt. I like the idea of it, but I just can't get on board. Maybe I'll try your way.

Heather said...

I'm so glad to see so many of you guys feel the same way about yogurt! I guess I just feel so left out in the dietitian world! haha :)

Valerie said...

Making anything like a dessert is always great! :) This sounds yummy! I am trying to get some good snacks for Cailen and this sounds like a great one!

Unknown said...

i have heard great comments about fage greek yogurt... i'm glad you discovered that you like it!