Saturday, November 1, 2008

Greek Burger

I don't have a picture because my pitas tore so they were kinda messy looking and I ended up eating them with a fork (still good!). I was surprised how good the sauce on the burgers were. I actually think it would have been good to prepare the meat just as normal ground meat and fill the pitas. Either way this was a good, flavorful burger to add to the mix. I will definitely make these again!

Greek Burger

Burger:
1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 Tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
Juice from 1 whole lemon
1 lb ground meat (recipe called for lamb, I used ground turkey)
Salt & Pepper
*Mix all ingredients together. Form patties of desired size. Prepare as desired...on grill, skillet, oven, etc.

Dressing:
2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
2 tsp chopped garlic
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
1/2 cup peeled and finely diced cucumber

Serve in whole wheat pitas. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, crumbled feta, and dressing.

No comments: