Monday, January 24, 2011

Quotes


Is it weird to start adding quotes to my recipe blog? Hmm well too bad. For the past year I have been making a daily effort to become a better person. Not that I was a bad person to begin with but I feel like everyone has something they can work on & don't we all want to be the best us? My first "goal" was to become more positive. I was actually kind of surprised to learn that this is not some goal you can just achieve. Just when you think "I've done it, I've got it down" something tests you and you slip back to simple thoughts of human nature...or try to help a coworker feel better by complaining with them...or get frustrated at the car that cut you off. There are many small things in this world that I never even realized test your positivity or growth in general. So I broadened my "goal" to ACTIVELY trying to be a better person in some way each and every day. I use goal in quotes because I've always learned that goals need to be measurable. There is no way of measure or meeting this goal. It is a lifelong plan. I also use actively in all caps because I realize it is something that takes work, thought, and diligence. And by work I mean work! I have to recenter myself often and I have to empty my cup of whatever is weighing on me often....but it is being aware of this that is the process. Sooo with that being said - I love quotes. I write things that touch me in a notebook a dear friend gave me once. I read through favorite quotes often to recenter myself. I google quotes on certain topics when I find I need something in particular. Quotes can come from books, cards, songs, speakers, scriptures, words from a friend, something that pops into your head, anywhere! A dear friend...who is a fellow quote lover and soul builder... also gave me a book for my birthday called The Book of Awakening. Sometimes I love some of these passages and just feel like sharing. Sometimes I read a great quote that I just want to remember forever. Too many friends on Facebook for this, too many words for Twitter....so I thought - can I add quotes to my recipe blog? My answer....why not, it's my blog! I can do what I want!!


"Those who truly love us will never knowingly ask us to be other than we are" - Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo

3 comments:

Connie said...

Beautiful post! Love the recipes, hints, advice and now quotes! I also love quotes!

Hilary said...

I am a quote girl too. I love them--madly, deeply. I love this addition to your blog.

Heather said...

Feel free to share any girls! Thanks for the support :)