Sunday, October 19, 2008

Easy Tomato Basil Soup


This is a recipe I got while I was interning at the Cooper Clinic in Dallas for a week. This recipe is ridiculously easy and pretty good. It's not the most amazing tomato basil soup I've ever had but for how quick and easy it is, it's pretty tasty!


Easy Tomato Basil Soup

2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes w/ basil, garlic, and oregano
8 oz fat free cream cheese
6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/4 cup Parmesan reggiano cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Place tomatoes and cream cheese in blender and blend until desired consistency is reached. Pour into a medium pot and simmer until cream cheese has melted. (I found microwave works fine too!). Stir as needed. Add chopped basil, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.

Serves 4, serving size 1 cup
Calories: 102
Total fat: 3g
Sat fat: 2g
Chol: 9mg
Sodium: 642mg
Carbs: 8g
Fiber: 1g
Sugar: 3g
Protein: 12g

**I also have a great recipe from Cooper Clinic for one that I think tastes a little bit better but takes more work to prepare. If you're interested I can give it to you.

1 comment:

The Jessups said...

Yum! I am going to try this one. We made the tortilla soup tonight, and it was WONDERFUL. I made a different recipe a couple weeks ago and was disappointed, but this was AWESOME. Thanks! This is such a fun blog! Keep the recipes coming. :)