Sunday, October 26, 2008

Zucchini Bake

I'm a sucker for anything w/ Bisquick in it and I thought this recipe sounded pretty good. Here's the original recipe:

Zucchini Bites

1 cup Bisquick
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
4 small unpeeled zucchini, thinly sliced (3 cups)
1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 serving: calories-260, fat-20g, chol-110mg, sodium-600mg, carbohydrate-13g, fiber-1g, protein-8g
Makes 8 servings

Well I didn't want to make 8 servings so here is what I made. I'm calling it a zucchini bake instead of zucchini bites because as you see from the picture....its clearly a bake and not bites. Here's what I made:

Zucchini Bake

1/2 cup Bisquick
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
2 small unpeeled zucchini, sliced
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped (heaping 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup Egg Beaters (equiv to 2 eggs)
1 Tbsp chopped garlic

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Stir all ingredients until blended. Spread into pan. Bake about 25min or until golden brown.


I had to bake this about 10 minutes longer because the Bisquick was not all the way cooked yet. I found this was a pretty good side dish. I also think this could be a pretty good way to get kids to eat zucchini (although I don't have any to try this out on). The nutrition info I put before was for the original recipe so my version would obviously be different because I used Egg Beaters.

No comments: